Wednesday evening I attended the first joint Web 2.0 Surgery and Second Wednesday event. It was held at the Broadway Cinema Mezze Lounge in Hockley, Nottingham. It was a great opportunity to reconnect with people who I hadn't seen for a while. I also had the chance to meet some very interesting new people, with a possible collaborative project as a result of it.
The guest speaker for Second Wednesday was Alexia Leachman of Blossoming Brands (@AlexiaL / @BBrands). The topic was Your Digital Presence.
I've had the pleasure of listening to Alexia talk about Personal Branding before and her evening's talk didn't disappoint. In fact it stimulated some healthy debate amongst attendants.
I tweeted during the event (using #2W) but thought it would be useful to collate the tweets here so you can get an overview:
• Be mindful of what you share in your SM updates
• Who are u trying to engage with? Where are they in the online world? Are u engaging?
• How are u measuring the return on the time invested in SM? Are u getting closer to your objectives?
• Carve out a successful brand, they won't go anywhere else to get what you offer
• How many twitter accounts do you have?
• Bring together all those things that make u different, this will be your targeted niche
• Your values and those of your biz (or job) must be aligned in order for u to be happy
• Don't be negative in a public space - it's gonna be there forever!!
Here are some of the tweets of the build up / feedback that came from attendees: _______
@mawawa: Looking forward to talk by @AlexiaL at @SecondWednesday tonight. Beware of her infectious enthusiasm _______
@nickpoint: Great talk from @AlexiaL on personal branding at @SecondWednesday. She is blooming marvellous ; ) _______
@johnwithbeard: Great atmosphere @secondwednesday #2w. Met old friends, introduced corporal self to twitter friends, enjoyed @AlexiaL talk. _______
@emsefforts: I havent been to @SecondWednesday before but think i'm seriously missing out. Tweets from tonights make me wanna go to the next one... _______ @DanielRoseArt: Good personal branding talk by @AlexiaL last night @secondwednesday. Good to meet people face to face. Like the atmosphere. _______
@lucyhg: It was my first @web20surgery / @secondwednesday tonight and def recommend it, gud vibe @darrenram @emsefforts @alexia _______
@jamiethompson: disappointed to have missed @secondwednesday. maybe next month. _______
@emsefforts: RT @lucyhg: It was my first @web20surgery / @secondwednesday tonight and def recommend it, gud vibe <--- its defo got my vote! _______
Thanks to @susioneill and @evil_scientist (Nick Hayward) for organising and helping us come together
I look forward to seeing you there next time!